Monday, July 29, 2024

Bucket list

Life moves so incredibly fast and we realize it all the more when we get older. Suddenly we look back and wonder where our youth went and how it is mind numbing that our kids so quickly became adults.

This is why I like savoring every day so much because I realize how precious and fragile it all is. I could drop dead from an aneurysm tomorrow and yet I would have no items left on my bucket list worthy of pursuing because they do not matter. I have simplified my life to a degree where the smallest things bring me joy; an accomplishment which was greatly bolstered by understanding who I am at the core.

I don't search for anything outside of what I can provide for myself and by now know very well the degree of effort required of worthwhile pursuits. The difficulties I faced in my life were necessary because without them I wouldn't viscerally appreciate what being internally in a good place is.

I now understand the things my father taught me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Insufferable

The latest episode of "Piers Morgan Uncensored" features Jordan Peterson which I could not watch because at some point I would suf...