Friday, July 19, 2024

How do you know where to stop?

As you can imagine I have thought about this question a great deal. What your battery limit for the management or elimination of your gender dysphoria is a unique thing for each person and I always imagined what a 19th century transsexual person with no recourse to address their dilemma medically would do. Today we have many more options and yet answering the question may be even harder because we have introduced the possibility of overshoot and thus potential error.

What you think you would do if unconstrained versus what you actually would could surprise you. Other than  medical concern regarding hormones I am completely unrestrained and yet have stuck to a progressive plateau approach based on need alone. Each stage has been evaluated by how my psychology responded over an extended period. All this to say that I never thought I would ever get this far and had no plan to.

So the short answer is that many of us won't really know until we have cleansed our mind of obstructions as well as the novelty of wishful thinking and faced what reality might look like. Daily living takes care of a good deal of that.

My litmus test was always how my sense of calm and harmony improved over time which then confirmed that I had not erred.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Hanging on for dear life

Transphobes need all the ammunition they can get and so they cling to 1980's pseudoscience because no one else has come to their rescue ...