Monday, July 22, 2024

The accidental life

I really like the concept of the accidental life. In other words, we let life happen to us with a greater sense of wonder, flexibility and surprise instead of always climbing uphill or against the current because we were instructed to.

I learned this later in life because I was an apostle of duty but now in retirement I can see the great value in succumbing to the wonder of sometimes taking tangential roads which can yield to magical places. Of course I am permitting this now because I can but, anyway, my risk averse nature would have stopped me in the past. Adherence to discipline was good but not to the extent that I thought was balanced.

Maybe this is why I love the young generation in that they are forced into an uncertainty that, back then, might have helped cure me of my rigid ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

By choice

My suspicions about the Twitch streamer F1nn5ster were correct. The rabbit hole into hormones had begun entirely by choice.  He was intervie...