Saturday, August 17, 2024

Energy

My daughter is dating someone new and, as expected for a 26 year old, he could care less that I am transgender. For them it's like saying you prefer Coke to Pepsi. He asked a few questions and that was about it.

They cannot imagine the world those of us who are older grew up in. They understand it intellectually but have no visceral feeling to associate with. They are used seeing and accepting diversity and difference.

The effort it took me to escape the gravitational pull of that world paid off and helped me build much internal strength except that I would hate to call upon on that kind of energy today because I no longer possess it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

An unfortunate constant

The current American political climate is an exaggerated version of what is happening elsewhere in the world. The right wing has been radica...