Tuesday, August 13, 2024

In the present

I think that the best approach to life is to have hope but at the same time to lower expectations for if we have too much of the latter we are just asking for disappointment.

Our existence is messy and organic and refuses to be tamed by our will. If I wish I had learned anything sooner it is this. We are best to live with flexibility and expect for plans to fall by the wayside. We will feel better when they do but also be so content when things come to align in our favor.

I no longer fight against the current but navigate within it and still taking side tangents when I am able. It feels much better and allows me to be more aware that I need to live in the present and the flexibility it often demands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

An unfortunate constant

The current American political climate is an exaggerated version of what is happening elsewhere in the world. The right wing has been radica...