Wednesday, August 28, 2024

It was time to go

Beatrice called me this morning from her car to vent as she was on her way to a construction site meeting. Like everyone else these days she is stressed and the company keeps giving the employees useless platitudes and plenty of hypocrisy.

They send out emails about work life balance while bleeding them all dry. Things weren't always like this.

I retired just in time as my filter was gone and profanity never far from my lips; for I was too old and savvy to be lied to. The EPCM world is now about profits and throwing the youth into battle before they are ready. It's shoddy and irresponsible and near the end I could no longer see photos of management smiling at ribbon cuttings.

I knew it was time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

An unfortunate constant

The current American political climate is an exaggerated version of what is happening elsewhere in the world. The right wing has been radica...