Monday, August 12, 2024

The fragile heart

There are people who exude dignity and goodness and their glow seems to be unhindered by the negativity of the world. I gravitate towards them because even if they aren't necessarily scholarly they possess a common sense that transcends the need for having facts constantly at your fingertips.

I love that they haven't been as jaded as I eventually became and look to them to help bring me back from focusing on the frequent stupidity I see at this age.

What bores me are the vapid things some cling to as bread and butter sustenance. It is one thing to be playful but quite another to be perennially anchored to the trivial. However, that combination of a fragile heart coupled with a basic wisdom which has insight into the world is so utterly appealing and so exceedingly rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

An unfortunate constant

The current American political climate is an exaggerated version of what is happening elsewhere in the world. The right wing has been radica...