Saturday, September 28, 2024

Exuberant

The exuberance of gender play can contrast sharply against the challenges of the daily lives of transgender people. If you can put the woman away in a trunk without too much distress it's not the same thing and I thought about this as I watched "Will & Harper" on Netflix yesterday. 

Older transgender people would use cross gender expression as a safety relief valve to allow for yet another period at playing normal in front of colleagues, family and friends until one day the pressure to avoid being authentic every day simply becomes too great.

I talked with Deanna about this yesterday who sounded calm and happy much as I am these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

When I talk about transition

When I talk about transition I am referring mostly to a mental journey and not a physical one because the latter is far less important.  If ...