Sunday, September 8, 2024

I am not the only one

My recent breakfast with Caro and Maika (the girls from the public market) revealed something interesting. I already knew that both were lovely, but I found out that young Maika's 18 year old sister is now her brother. He has had the mastectomy but will not necessarily pursue genital surgery.

What is fascinating is that her brother (who she accepts unconditionally) is seeing much the same confusion that I am. Namely that if many in my generation fought tooth and nail to avoid being the way we are, many today are confusing gender expression freedom as reason to push the envelope. The Montréal General Hospital gender identity clinic is needing to reject extremely aggressive advocates who want to skip steps which they rightly refuse to do. The clinic does not see being transgender as lifestyle choice.

I am glad that some within transgender youth also recognize this phenomenon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

An unfortunate constant

The current American political climate is an exaggerated version of what is happening elsewhere in the world. The right wing has been radica...