Sunday, October 27, 2024

Stealth

It's much easier to understand binary (or classic) transsexuals when you look at how bad things were in the past. If you had your mind set on transition, stealth was the best way to go and becoming a woman was part of that formula. There were no non-binary identities 20 years ago and more; at least not in the public sphere. 

I don't call myself a woman even if my social transition pragmatically gets me perceived that way. It does not matter as long as my authenticity helps dampen my gender dysphoria, but those with levels worse than mine, may have opted to go further with the embracing of womanhood as part of the necessary title with their daily lived experience in many facets effectively mirroring a genetic woman's; disadvantages and all. 

Many young transitioners don't feel that stealth is a necessary component of their plans and, some who once did, came out later once the social temperature was deemed acceptable to advance a cause greater than themselves. Here I think of Teddy Quinlivan and Geena Rocero as examples where the public had no idea of their gender history.

Not to mention that today, stealth is almost impossible in this instant information age.

                          Quinlivan


No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Freaks

It's 1939 again. Surprised? I'm not