Saturday, April 22, 2023

To begin again

The old blog had run its course. I was pushing 60, on the cusp of retirement and life was now different. Plus, I needed a break and deleting my blog in error turned out to be a blessing because I felt I had outgrown it. I had changed so much since I began it.

Writing is still useful to me and starting again on a new platform seems appropriate. More than ever, I want to write as a person who just happens to be trans because there is so much more to me than that. It is just one facet of what makes me whole.

I am perturbed by the recent backlash against the trans community and those who live full time must bear the greatest brunt particularly if they do not blend by society's standard into the landscape. They serve as convenient scapegoats for the ignorance and stupidity that drive so many in this world.

I don't know how often I will post here but that does not matter since I am not in any great hurry. I simply want to think and observe and so I shall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Broken dreams