Thursday, July 6, 2023

I push back

Yesterday I felt compelled to educate someone concerning AGP. It had been a deeply uneducated comment which spurred my intervention but I did so only because you could see there was no malice behind it only that they had not done their homework. Once I responded to her there was dead silence only confirming that she wasn't a troll but instead someone who had only skimmed the surface of the topic on some internet site.

I took her silence to mean there had been at least some willingness to listen even if her opinion won't ultimately be changed. So often people just want their bias confirmed

That we have moved well past toxic pseudoscience proposed in the late 1980's means nothing if it still lingers in the dark corners of the internet and is being preached with little pushback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Without a manual

My mother is 88 today. She is in good shape for her age and people instantly take 10 years off when they meet her. At this age their filter ...