Monday, July 31, 2023

In the bones

You will notice that during the entire history of my blog writing I have never referred to myself as a woman which has been an entirely deliberate strategy. For the longest time I identified as a type IV transsexual on the Benjamin scale (ostensibly a trans person who wavers on transition); a typology which I think is still very much apropos. The bar for womanhood in my head was, rightly or wrongly, to have medically transitioned. Hence this explains my current and most likely permanent identification as a transgender person admittedly one leaning towards the transsexual side of things.

Today I effectively live as a woman and yet my descriptor for myself does not perturb in the least.

One's own definition of the self will no doubt vary because ultimately it belongs only to you and you will know it is right in very your bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....