Thursday, July 13, 2023

Nowhere to run

My resistance to moving forward towards authenticity was slowly killing  me. Fifteen years ago when I realized something needed to be done I never could have imagined I would land where I am today and I recall distinctly asking the gender clinic to please cure me.

That was then and my initial reticence was well documented in my writing at the time.

If you are truly honest with yourself you will invariably land where you need to; the alternative being cognitive dissonance and depression. That I have no regrets is because I am too stubborn and far too analytical to have taken any other approach. The "go by feel" isn't part of my programming and I needed solid convincing. Maybe it's the engineer in me.

Everyone has a different plateau but the secret is to find it.

At your own pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Without a manual

My mother is 88 today. She is in good shape for her age and people instantly take 10 years off when they meet her. At this age their filter ...