Saturday, July 15, 2023

Saved

I often think that the people I have dated or been partnered with over my life (there haven't been many) were somehow saved. They were spared something they didn't need or want despite me showing them as hard as I could what I was sure they wanted to see; namely that I could play the conventional male.

I have written posts before talking about what a rock and a hard place this is. However, for some gender variant people, happy sporadic expression seems to work and so perhaps no harm no foul. For people like me and others this formula does not work and I say this as dispassionately as possible.

But as with family, you end up choosing you because that is the only real and valid recourse if you are to live an honest life; and it is precisely that honesty that they they were saved from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....