Wednesday, July 26, 2023

You do you

For a long time I found that infantilized and hyper-exaggerated forms of gender variance irritated me. I was embarrassed by them because I didn't want that to impact the credibility of trans people. After all, the easy low hanging fruit for a transphobe is to find someone dressed as a child or in a form of comical and fetishized femininity and use it as an archetype for trans people in general. This is also one of the reasons I have tended to stay away from groups and lead my own existence outside of any bubbles.

But then I increasingly thought about the world and the massive range of behavior within it. You don't need to be gender variant to participate in all types of activities which society finds aberrant and with 8 billion people in the world, you can think of a possibility and it likely exists.

Therefore I resolved to worry more about myself and realize that the world of gender variance encompasses and mirrors much the same wide range of possibilities we find outside of it.

In the end we just need one simple motto which is "You do you" and leave others, with a well-intentioned smile, to their own penchants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....