Monday, August 21, 2023

Calm

I realize now that a good chunk of my journey was about eliminating internalized transphobia and I suspect it is one of the reasons I tended to have so much disdain for exaggerated and highly sexualized forms of femininity. It bristled against my nerves as cartoonish parody and, although my opinion has not changed, my not caring about what others do is the difference as I have no interest in being a spokesperson for the entire gender variant community.

As I have moved into another mindset I want you to think about the goal of balance which I see split into the components of authenticity and calm. Each person will have a different set of criteria to achieve this and, for some, it may necessarily involve medical transition. 

The point is to aim to be true to oneself without self judging too harshly and when that balance point is neared you will begin to feel a sense of harmony. This is always with the understanding that others don't define who you are as that is a task uniquely left to you. 

With that goal in mind, we then look for and associate with people who honor and respect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Gender Performativity

Judith Butler's theory of gender performativity....