Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Disinterest

I used to wonder why the vast majority of blogs seemed so disinterested in the sociological, historical and scientific aspects of gender variance. Aside from Jack Molay's Crossdreamers and Zagria's Gender Variance sites, most were content to stick with personal narratives which for a time bewildered me. Maybe it was my own formation which skewed me towards this need plus my insatiable curiosity.

We are all different but such a fundamental divergence from a norm assuredly deserved exploration particularly when the person may have felt they had no choice and could not trace or comprehend their own origins. Of course not everyone is or ever has been conflicted and so that is one explanation.

I have over the years come to understand this apparent disinterest in several ways but settled on the main reason being that it's hard enough to live with this reality let alone delving into its forensics. Therefore most blogs end up being a mixture of the celebratory and the angst filled.

I don't read all of them regularly (my own has reduced readership) but at one time I was interested in reading a wide sampling to try and come up with a concensus. Not surprisingly, this exercise confirmed to me that this is a varied grouping which not only spans the same categories which Harry Benjamin had already well established, but that also has much the same uniqueness as we would find in blogs outside of this sphere.

Humans are simply a very varied and complex bunch.

Who the hell knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Performing

If you watched the video on Judith Butler's theory of performativity you will note that she sees gender more as verb than noun. One perf...