Thursday, September 14, 2023

Consolation

The world is replete with massive ignorance and stupidity. You will find much of it on social media and in the comments section of almost any online article or YouTube video. People with no knowledge of anything will expound on a subject making sure your head will spin and I have avowed that I will increasingly stay away so I can keep whatever remaining faith that we are not increasingly creating imbeciles. For somehow yelling the loudest and having the biggest audience seems to have replaced the pursuit of knowledge.

Knowing what I know today about humanity, it's not that surprising that the last American president is a complete moron. He received the second most votes of anyone in the history of the country whicb should deeply depress you if you are a thinking person.

Back when we didn't have social media we were not privy to the idiocies of humanity as often as we are now. The only solace that I take is that the people who most often bother posting their misspelled ramblings are not representative the average person who is too busy living.

At least that is how I console myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Gender Performativity

Judith Butler's theory of gender performativity....