Saturday, September 30, 2023

Laugh

I love people who laugh easily and heartily which is something I have never been able to readily do. As a child I would observe people carefully and my introvert nature plus my secret kept me on guard. Therefore I always envied people who are not the least bit self conscious and can be fully themselves.

Sometimes people aren't smart enough to know better and their looseness is made fun of but we can't worry about that and we should dance as if no one were watching.

I learned to be wary of people since very young and reversing some of that attitude will take some deftness on my part because separating mean stupidity from earnest and honest mistakes isn't always obvious; not when you have tended to assume that intent is more often malevolent than it really is.

But it is never too late for us because here neuroplasticity is our friend and I have been successfully rewiring my brain on many fronts over the years which included my massive and ultimately successful struggle with accepting my identity.

No, my brain won't allow me to stop being analytical but I can let the guard down and laugh a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Gender Performativity

Judith Butler's theory of gender performativity....