Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Ticking

What gender dysphoria does is remove choice. You can choose to ignore it but it is ever present and eventually demands we address it. This I know very personally from experience. One does not develop dysphoria; one is born with it and it's insidious patterns become extremely familiar to us over time beginning in childhood.

The only cure is to face and deal with it and if I were to describe it, it would resemble a ticking clock in the attic that at first you disregard but becomes louder over the years. It is constant and never stops and, with the passage of time, more fervently asks that you pay attention should you value your eardrums.



6 comments:

  1. Gender dysphoria is with us until, "Death-do-us-part". The ever present blessing and curse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I would need to say curse more than blessing if I base it on my own life experience until I got into my 50's

      Delete
  2. A ticking clock...or The Tell-tale Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Mine has been getting better because I took the needed steps :)

      Delete

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Gender Performativity

Judith Butler's theory of gender performativity....