Sunday, October 1, 2023

Jaded

Before I abandoned the idea (with his guidance) of pursuing HRT, Dr Morris gave me a reality check about the number of couples who had stayed together despite a spouse transitioning. That I was then more skeptical than I am now speaks to my built up belief over the years that this was rare and that many stayed our of fear of starting over or for economic factors. I used to scoff at what I saw as the breathtaking naivete of some transgender people who assumed everything was going to fall into place for them as if by magic. In fact I could have slapped some of them.

Today I am less jaded but maintain a healthy "mefiance" (en bon Français) while recognizing that there are people more capable of loving the full person than others. That is to say that some are less into the societal trappings and can look past them and into the soul.

I think having lost interest gives me more perspective but also more fortitude in knowing that not being who you are is definitely not the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Message in a bottle

Still rocking in his 70's...