Sunday, October 1, 2023

What we think

There is an awful instinct especially in older transgender people that everyone else be made to feel comfortable first. After all, when you have spent much of your life rejecting your nature it's an easy trap to fall into and not be able to escape.

Even now despite moving to a new existence I will present as they expect at big family gatherings just to avoid awkwardness I know will be there. It won't come from our GenZ children but rather from my GenX siblings. That I have not changed this habit of mine speaks to my own trepidation but also to the fact that winning them over isn't important enough to me. Growing up with people that we aren't necessarily aligned with does not make that an important enough achievement to make the effort worthwhile.

That this will increasingly be a relic of the past for other transgender people is what is important. That and knowing it's only what we think that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

An unfortunate constant

The current American political climate is an exaggerated version of what is happening elsewhere in the world. The right wing has been radica...