Monday, October 30, 2023

Love and fear

Human beings are so utterly predictable that you can choose any historical era and find the same patterns of behaviour. Those who think we become enlightened over time need only look at our current global affairs for a wakeup call.

The human animal is driven by fear and love. They desperately seek to be loved and to be able to love but they also hate what they fear most because no one wants to feel afraid. This seems to be intrinsically part of our DNA.

Liberating oneself from unnecessary fear is key to being whole and while I consider myself to be extremely stable, fear became part of what I learned early in childhood. I saw unsavory human prejudice but also how I needed to hide who I really was for fear of repercussion. This forms part of my continuing clean up as I move away from the life I had previously.

Hatred of transgender people comes from deeply seated fear of people who aren't themselves secure. So we are often dealing with a scenario where the fearful are pitted against the fearful. One hates what they don't understand while the other fears the repercussions of that very hatred.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Crossing the concourse