Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Question the self

I was educated to think logically and critically and to come to conclusions only when we have sufficient evidence to do so. Agendas work the other way however, where a conclusion is decided upon and evidence sought to justify it. That much of the world operates on the latter method is not all that surprising.

When I began writing I held certain ideas which were helped along via emotional investment but over time I evolved my thinking as I resolved the angst.

We should be open to have our minds changed by becoming careful students of the self. We question why we believe something about ourselves, others or the world in general and carefully examine its merit rather than simply justify it blindly as the change-averse conservative is apt to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Imperfection

The longer we've lived the more holes there are to patch. Yes, we have gained experience but life has also handed us some challenges whi...