Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Self appraisal

I think a lot about how my life has changed and the lion share of it has been mental attitude which then naturally impacts the physical. I cannot overemphasize how important it is to remove preconceived ideas regarding who your were taught to be; the caveat being that we do so with an open mind and we don't talk ourselves into things without sufficient introspection.

Self labeling is fine but that does not necessarily give us a path forward. This is why other than understand that I did not intentionally create my own situation, I stopped worrying and started feeling which was what finally opened the door to an answer. Giving in to natural instincts which were always there then allowed for a proper and most importantly mature self appraisal for, if we are reflecting on core identity, this is not a game and I am an adult.

If we are too quick to self-label we potentially open ourselves up to either overestimate or underestimate where we need to be to find balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Without a manual

My mother is 88 today. She is in good shape for her age and people instantly take 10 years off when they meet her. At this age their filter ...