Monday, January 15, 2024

Addiction

I don't think I have a YouTube addiction but admittedly I do watch more than I used to. What I find is that it becomes a sociological experiment in getting portraits of society in a wide range of issues. Aside from a plethora of animal videos, there is content on loneliness and angst, relationship woes, childhood trauma and of course transgender people chronicling their respective journeys.

Back when there was no internet we may have thought that we were alone in our struggles and now you can readily find people who in many ways mirror them. In one sense this ability to share has been beneficial but the dark side has been allowing others the possibility to attack and denigrate.

Human nature does not change and it is only the situational circumstances which oblige us to adapt to things. The advent of virtual communication has certainly been the major development of my lifetime and brought the good with the bad. If nothing else it has allowed us to see how much alike we are and how many of our problems transcend eras.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Crossing the concourse