Sunday, January 14, 2024

I was wrong

If you are as stumped as I am regarding the inefficacy of the American justice system then welcome to the club. The degree of criminality of Trump and his cabal has become so commonplace that it no longer startles. Something which 20 years ago would have generated major headlines is now just a page 6 routine occurrence worthy of perhaps a yawn.

It's not that Trump is a disgusting and deplorable idiot that surprises me, it is more the sheer amount of people willing to look past glaring flaws to line up to cheer his exploits. As judges, lawmakers and others receive daily death threats from his mob, it only seems to do his poll numbers good which has only made my already cynical views on human intelligence to become even more so.

I have said before that when I was much younger I marveled at what despots were able to do in the early 20th century and my ideals had me think it a thing of the past. I had surmised that we were headed towards a more enlightened world.

Clearly I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Crossing the concourse