Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Hopeful

The young transitioners I met with recently are of varied opinion on surgeries. Yes, they were all in HRT and if you passed them on the street you wouldn't know they were transgender but they all think you should live as you need to.

They are a mostly well educated bunch who keep up with the latest information. One young woman agreed with me on Helen Joyce and her mission to stamp out what she considers to be an assault on the rights that come inherently with birth sex which is code for putting transgender people back in the closet.

What I love about this young group is that they are less traumatized by not having had to supress for decades and therefore are less strident and ready for a fight than someone like me. Instead they exude calm.

Yesterday I spoke to two young women I happened upon at a street crossing one of whom was transgender, because I have a habit of doing that after I've smiled and there is reciprocity. They were both of African descent and had lived here for a number of years. They were sweet, lovely and open and our overlap was just until I reached my metro entrance.

All of this helps keep me hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....