Tuesday, February 13, 2024

A non-event

I had coffee this morning with an ex-colleague I have known for 35 years and it was a non-event. He didnt really bat an eyelash and was perfectly comfortable with me as Joanna. He asked a few questions which I happily answered and that was that. The rest of the time we talked about other topics including music since we are both musicians.

As we were going to part ways after a walk once we had left the cafe, he offered that I was being courageous. I responded that it wasn't courage but simply being fed up with suppressing authenticity for many more years than I cared to.

Again, I have not lost a single friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Gender Performativity

Judith Butler's theory of gender performativity....