Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Focus

This site on average rarely exceeds 250 views per day and yet I am infinitely happier with it than with my old blog. My mind has never been more focused or clear and I would rather concentrate on content I am passionate about regardless of the size of the audience who reads it.

I learned years ago that any artist or content creator must above all please themselves and then allow those who appreciate it to find them. It is how I conduct my life in never compromising especially if I feel strongly about issues. Having greatly reduced stigma around being different allowed me to look up and view everything with much more clarity.

What this world needs is more empathy, intelligence, kindness, humility and civility and as I age I grow more weary of both fervent stupidity and malicious intent. Both are plentiful although thankfully do not reside in the majority of the population. What is distressing however is the realization with age that they are far more plentiful than I had hoped when I was younger.

So at its core this blog wants to shine a spotlight on justice in particular for those on the margins who have the least voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Gender Performativity

Judith Butler's theory of gender performativity....