Saturday, February 24, 2024

Misgendered

Getting misgendered is hardly earth shattering and I have even seen it happen to genetic men and women who typically don't become enraged by it. If it happens to you and it melts your confidence I simply suggest its a good idea to work on getting over it. I might be gendered correctly 90% of the time but that 10% does not bother me in the least particularly when I see someone in thick glasses doing the misgendering who may have been motivated simply by physical size.

The more work we do on our internal sense of self, the better off we will be since the world does not care about our feelings as much as we do. Much of the misgendering is not even meant as injury and yet some transgender people become very indignant when it happens to them. But if we are larger than the average woman and possess the voice of a baritone its going to happen more often than we might like.

The other day I was eating with a friend and she pointed to someone she was certain was a female. Upon closer inspection however she realized it was a slightly built male with long hair. The transgender woman I saw in the metro yesterday was over 6' but she had confidence to spare which was plainly evident and I doubt very much she was a wilting flower.

"C'est la vie" we tell ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....