Saturday, February 24, 2024

Being questioned

I love questioning from others which makes me rethink my position on some issue. Yes I am generally quite well informed but am not so stubborn as to think my views on everything are the correct ones. Being open to being wrong is a good idea if our goal is to grow as individuals rather than maintain positions to protect fragile egos.

We are the product of input from our parenting and society which we must then analyze over time to ascertain its veracity. We are all prone to personal myopia.

I have refined my thinking over my lifetime on a whole host of subjects and will continue to because to rest on our laurels is to fall prey to mental stagnation. Plus we always need to be able to explain the why of our belief system so we can defend it to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....