Saturday, February 24, 2024

Qualities

The journeys of transgender people are not remotely obvious but then very few journeys in life are. There are complexities to every existence and our job is to put them in perspective because it can be very easy to sometimes become despondent.

Every so often I fall into a depressive mood and reflect on how much better my life would have been without this burden. I know better and yet I cannot help but look back at my struggles with being different and how a life of secrecy had its significant impacts.

I possess more perspective now than at any point in my existence and yet my humanity makes me vulnerable to second guessing. So much of my life has been colored by who I am, that it is impossible now to consider what kind of person I might have been. I have always been this way.

However, forming part of a statistical norm is hardly an admirable life goal and what we instead should want is to celebrate those qualities which the best of us possess; qualities which have little to do with whether one is transgender or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

This was Hartford

Victim to urban sprawl and horrible civic planning. Car culture did not help....