Friday, March 29, 2024

Truer words

For years I had been a dangerous investment as a partner. I had so much bottled up that I can look back now and realize that despite my efforts to keep everything afloat, I was a closed book to someone else. I was also filled with frustration.

Gender dysphoria is very difficult to manage and the way I was doing it was clearly not working. Something needed to be done.

As I write this I marvel at the change much of it not prompted by choice but by a wellspring that will not be silenced. Playing a part in society until you eventually crack is not something I advise anyone do but somehow I did. The early days of my writing showed a level of anxiety and desperation I can recall but can no longer read since its inadvertent erasing.

It is why today I am so happy for transgender youth. They don't need to bottle up identity as I had to.

Yesterday as I was on a short consultation call for work an email came in for transgender visibility and suddenly I was floored. The message included a profile card for the young transgender woman who now works in the Montreal office I had spent many years working in. Not long after a follow up email came in from the person who would have been my functional manager, had I not retired, which read

"You see we are progressing!"

I smiled and thought to myself that truer words were never spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Richard