Saturday, April 20, 2024

2010

I was recently going through my 2010 hand-written journal and was reminded of my progression. Back then I was referring to myself as a "crossdresser" (a simplistic and insipid term I loathe today for reasons I have previously summarized). I was deeply hoping this is all I was since it would have made my life neater and more compartmentalized. I could live in two worlds and be perfectly happy.

I was wrong which is why I always talk about examining motivation very carefully and not use preconceived notions of who we are until we have done our homework on the psyche. Much of the content of that journal sounded immature and naive compared to what I know about myself today. It showed me how we progress slowly but surely in life especially when we are honest with ourselves.

My public writing began in 2012 and even that person no longer exists.

What a surprise.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not one to tell you, "I told you so," even though I had seen where you were heading back then. I do recall that you pushed back a bit when I mentioned to you where you were heading, and that compartmentalization was not sustainable. I had had to go through much the same process, myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind if you say I told you so 😆

      Delete

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Where's the fire

The most important gift we can give ourselves is peace of mind which then encourages us to relax. I'm still learning how because after d...