Friday, April 26, 2024

The missing ingredient

I see Roger on the street again and this time he tells me he is becoming a Jehovah's witness to which I smile and say nothing. I accompany it solely with a slight nod.

He has found God he says and I suppose that is what counts. The structure which I find restrictive may be for him precisely what he craves. His knee has given out at only in his mid forties and he is looking for something new to replace his job in the fruit and vegetable store.

I was still finding out who I was in my mid 40's and although I thought I had things figured out with my rigidly calculated structure, it all needed to unfold (marriage and all) so I could be remade.

Life is a mystery and even within its journey the stages are felt when we realize where we are isn't working. There is a missing ingredient which has been left out which begs adding.

We part ways with me genuinely hoping he finds contentment where he is going and if not he will adjust yet again as we are prone to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

What 8 bucks buys you

Did I ever mention I love backpack purses?