Tuesday, June 25, 2024

A little chaos

People who grew up with great self-discipline like I did can benefit from a little chaos and curve balls thrown at them for good measure. Since life is naturally and organically messy, embracing its affinity for derailing our plans can be very beneficial to our improvement of balance.

As a result, today I welcome surprise like I never used to. I also work on patience while waiting in line for disorganized people or when the metro suddenly encounters a technical problem. There is nowhere I need to be with such great urgency.

Retirement is about making those adjustments to the psyche we never had time for when we were distracted on the hamster wheel and I welcome them greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Addiction?