Saturday, June 15, 2024

Junction

I am at a junction in life I never imagined was even possible and so I never strove for it. Even knowing from a very young age that I was different, did not encourage me to consider any other possible scenario than the one set for me early on.

We cannot help who we are and yet here we ponder the question of whether we should honor or suppress it. For a very long time I chose the latter even as I weighed whether I had planted the seed in my own psyche or it was set for me from the outset. That this turned out to be a moot point it is because I clashed so dramatically against the grain of convention. This is how a minimalist management approach was adopted as mitigation.

When we stop fighting we then ponder whether we should celebrate or simply grudgingly accept the way one does their brown eyes. The old narrative of gender dysphoria eliminating the choice of inaction while simultaneously allowing the celebrating of identity seemed to be at first contradictory. That is until one considers that rejoicing in something which has provided so much angst and, for many, great rejection perfectly encapsulates the juxtaposition and the tug of war going on inside many if not most transgender people; most especially older ones.

No one asks to be transgender but one can choose how to react to it which is our most fundamental consideration of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Neuroplasticity