Friday, June 28, 2024

My daughter

My daughter and I live in the same house but lead parallel lives. I am an early riser and she gets up late as she is a night owl. She cooks her own meals and our eating times don't line up but it's all good. Every so often we will go out for a meal as we are for this July 1st Canada day.

Having adult children means letting them go to lead their own existence. She tells me that she appreciates the freedom and that I don't badger but I am simply there as resource when she needs to talk.

She tells me she is not the least bit bothered by having a transgender parent the discovery of which used 
to worry me. But I need not have because we need to give others credit for being intelligent and understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

"But I'll be recognized!'

This post is for older folks like me. I can't count how many close calls I've had over the decades starting in my mid-teens when enc...