Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Soon to be a relic

One of things I love about today is the openly lived gender variance (in different combinations of identity and expression) of the GenZ generation. They aren't hiding who they are, but instead they are showing it to you every day in the street or on public transit. No double lives are necessary or desired and no one gives them a second look because they are so remarkably confident.

Near the end I despised living a double life because it was slowly draining away my spirit. It was also bolstering the idea that who I am is something to be kept from view and to be ashamed of. Today I live but one life.

Soon there will be no such thing and people will look back in their history books (virtual or otherwise) as something people once did to live in a society where they feared for their safety or were embarrassed that people would know about. We are almost there with youth leading the way.

Without a doubt, stopping living a double life is the best gift I have ever given myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Neuroplasticity