Sunday, June 23, 2024

The spice of life

I happened to be standing next to them on the metro platform and I told them I loved their dresses. They turned and beamed me a smile and thanked me for having noticed. Both were maybe in their early 20's and one of them was even wearing a bow in her hair.

It's not as common today to see young ladies dressed so feminine and clearly on this Sunday morning they were going somewhere special. In general today there is more leaning towards a pragmatic androgynous appearance and yet the outliers are proud and not at all afraid to stand out. It's what I love about this generation for not far away was a young woman you could have mistaken for either gender.

If one looks at videos from decades past the uniformity is almost comical. Clothing was almost a uniform that signaled birth sex but also restrained with a rigidity which was not to be trifled with lest you be ostracized.

All of that is almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

When I talk about transition

When I talk about transition I am referring mostly to a mental journey and not a physical one because the latter is far less important.  If ...