Thursday, July 11, 2024

Before acting

I see videos and read comments from people figuring out what to do with their gender issues and it confirms what I already knew: its a mosaic of behaviour which very much contradicts the idea of a strict and perfect binary.

A GenZ non-binary female who contemplates top surgery but does not want to take hormones was the latest example of a video I watched and there are many others. Some people just want to feel right in their skin without adapting themselves to either of two rigid and unyielding choices.

Jack Molay sent me a link to an article the other day about difficulty in accessing care in Canada which took me back to the call of a few months ago. The same program I was associated with tends to resist people who want very boutique solutions for themselves because they are very much classical programs most accustomed to dealing with binary transsexuals. They are approached by people who sometimes want quick access to treatment without the necessary steps the program needs to ensure they won't come back with any regrets.

I can understand both sides of the coin while favoring the idea that caution and reflection is perhaps best prioritized before acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Insufferable

The latest episode of "Piers Morgan Uncensored" features Jordan Peterson which I could not watch because at some point I would suf...