Tuesday, July 2, 2024

"But I'll be recognized!'

This post is for older folks like me.

I can't count how many close calls I've had over the decades starting in my mid-teens when encountering people who only knew me in male mode. Of course I would panic and get flustered and then nothing would happen. I wasn't recognized.

A recent coming out to a colleague only confirmed it. She wouldn't have recognized me. In addition, I have had to flag my own brother on the street a number of times over the years which goes to show you to what extent you need not worry.

The more flustered you look, the more conspicuous.

Most importantly, stop giving a shit and it will do wonders for your calm and blending ability.

No one cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

The imperial presidency