Wednesday, July 17, 2024

The little things

I haven't given up on humanity just yet but it's hard at this age not to see everything that's clearly wrong with it. Now that I am living in era that greatly resembles the 1930's I can understand with more immediacy how the arc of history works. It just so happens that my 1962 birth coincided with a social and economic boom that lasted into the early part of the 21st century.

Today at 61 I see greed, myopia and idiocy everywhere but also kindness and humility in many. People do their best in a life full of challenges and they find solace in whatever little things bring them joy and comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

20 against 1

This sharp young man more than holds his own and is only 19. Kudos to him for having the patience to put up with stupendous ignorance of Tru...