Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Varia

Angele and I have really hit it off and I saw her again yesterday as I was thinking of leaving the café. She is down to earth and pragmatic in the way that intelligent and grounded women are when they reach a certain age. She looks younger than her 70 years and is so calming to talk to. I would be lying if I said that being seen as a woman by other women didn't help my dysphoria. In fact its been so pivotal that it formed part of my decision to forego a potential medical transition which would have posed some health risks for me.

Later in the afternoon I caught up with Caryn (a frequent commenter on my old blog) on Whattsapp. I had lost touch with her for some time and living in the US as a transgender woman she is justifiably scared of a Trump presidency. Even if she transitioned in her 20's (now 51) and flies under the radar, there is justifiable dread at the thought of gender variant people falling victim to right wing lunacy. She tells me is contemplating coming to Canada or going to New Zealand.

Also never had that coffee with Suzan because she wasn't feeling well that morning. She apologized (she needn't have) and we decided to raincheck.

Tomorrow call with Jack Molay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

20 against 1

This sharp young man more than holds his own and is only 19. Kudos to him for having the patience to put up with stupendous ignorance of Tru...