Saturday, July 20, 2024

Very meticulous fine tuning

How to mature into an older adult with gender dysphoria became more of a concern as I aged. After all, I wasn't playing dress up and did not want to. Instead I wanted to find a way to take my challenge seriously while simultaneously avoiding medical transition.

It took me a very long time to find this solution and as I always say psychology is paramount here especially for many older transgender people who undertook the idea that they were simply going to grin and bear it because being transgender was an abomination.

Simply dressing up does not really work for people more on the transsexual end of the spectrum. There is too much pain involved in going only part way and so most either get on with transition or don't dress as their target sex at all. This is why I found this process so challenging because it involved meticulous fine tuning while knowing that doing nothing about my dysphoria was going to be the end of me.

How to approach this very narrow balance point while knowing that even daily limited outings were increasingly not working, made my reflection process all the more harrowing and lengthy. However the patience finally paid off.

Still fine tuning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Little Wonders