Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Conviction

Pushing back on human stupidity is a losing battle because a certain segment of the population is incurable. Their prime directive is to confirm their own dogma no matter how irrational and the more closely held as truth, the more difficulty we will have in conversion. Conservatives are particularly gifted in this regard.

I've given up to some degree but will take openings with people willing to entertain ideas who have an open mind. After all, we are not all experts at everything. I know I am not and welcome being wrong and being educated.

Stupidity is the gift of speaking with great conviction on matters one knows little about whereas intelligence involves much conceding on how little we do know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Insufferable

The latest episode of "Piers Morgan Uncensored" features Jordan Peterson which I could not watch because at some point I would suf...