Thursday, August 8, 2024

Dark clouds

Sylvie was feeling off this morning. She had a black cloud over her head and everything was going wrong recently including a camping trip where she had been forced to change site in the pouring rain thanks to a booking error. Her relationship with her troubled son continues to be extremely challenging plus she also has an operation coming which is having difficulty in being properly scheduled.

I did my best to cheer her up and at least the chic Outremont cafe she had found for us had cache to spare although it was less appreciated when one is lost in heavier discussion.

We all have those days, weeks or months where nothing seems to go right and the dark clouds threaten to have us lose hope that things will improve. At 69 she has life perspective but that can be temporarily lost in the pile up of bad news. We spent an hour talking about life and how we can fall into holes which seem too deep to crawl out of. None of us are immune.

One day, when the timing is right, I may yet share the story of the struggle of my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

Lunch

I had lunch with Marcela today who is 10 years my junior. She teaches philosophy at the college level and we met during the pandemic while I...