Thursday, August 29, 2024

Lower the temperature

My temptation to slap someone at least once a day never goes away but I work on it. Entitlement syndrome invades some people to their core and, at almost 62, both my patience for offensive people and my filter are largely gone.

What helps me is that I have 2 or 3 daily interactions which save everything. The other day was with a sweet 18 year old student sitting next to me eating ice cream and this morning with a barista who is going home to India for 3 months and was in a jubilant mood. "Have a wonderful day ma'am" which I returned in kind.

I also see people who have so little that they lower my temperature right down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful comments are welcome :)

An unfortunate constant

The current American political climate is an exaggerated version of what is happening elsewhere in the world. The right wing has been radica...